The Rock Lake Dance Studio is run by dance instructors Tessa Fitzsimmons and Jess Mlsna. They are experienced dancers and dance instructors. Their approach to dance is encouraging and supportive and always with the best interests of the child in mind. Your child will develop skill in ballet, tap, jazz or hip hop as they progress through the program. They will also develop poise, balance, flexibility, and self-confidence; but most importantly, a love of dance.
- · Please make note that classes are anywhere from 30 – 60 minutes long. Pricing is based on the length of the class.
- · There are no multiple child discounts
- · Classes will be canceled if school is canceled / early release due to weather
- · Make-up classes will be arranged, only if three or more classes are canceled
- · No refunds for classes missed or dropped, except with a medical excuse except COVID-19
- · By enrolling your child in any Rock Lake Activity Center program, you give permission for RLAC to use pictures and/or videos of your child for marketing purposes on the website, fliers or in the newspaper Share your photos with the hashtag #rlacdance
Donate your old, slightly worn shoes to the dance studio in exchange for another pair, or purchase a pair of shoes for the low cost of $3/pair. Selections and sizes are limited based on donations.
- · Ballet/Lyrical: Pink leather ballet shoes and any color or style of leotard and/or tights, skirts are optional, but should be no longer than thigh length. Boys should wear any color non-baggy shorts and shirt with black leather ballet shoes.
- · Tap: Black tap shoes and comfortable, non-restrictive clothing. Boys should wear any color non-baggy shorts and shirt.
- · Jazz: Black Jazz shoes and Jazz pants and/or leggings with a form fitted shirt. Boys should wear any color non-baggy shorts.
- · Jazz/Lyrical combined class must have tan jazz shoes.
- · NO BAGGY SHORTS, NO JEANS
IF DRESS CODE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE THE STUDENT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT DAY’S CLASS.